- Select one article from the web newsletter, Crime Mapping & Analysis News – A Police Foundation Publication.
- Read the article and identify:
- Crime mapping theory used.
- Mapping techniques used.
- Prepare a presentation that:
- Introduces/summarizes the article.
- Describes the theory used.
- Describes the analytical techniques used.
Note: You will teach the class about the relevant theory, technique, and application. Consider yourself a teacher trying to help students understand new material.
- ~10 minute presentation
- Use appropriate visuals
- Present during the final exam period
- Friday, May 8 at 12:45-2:45pm in Ginger 213
What are the social ecological forces that might have influenced your likelihood of engaging in criminal activity? Consider:
- Where have you lived?
- What is the nature of the community or communities in which you have lived?
- With whom have you engaged in frequent social interaction?
- What social ecological forces might influence you through these experiences?
Post your 1-2 paragraph response to the comments section below by Wednesday, Feb. 8
Feel free to review and respond to other contributors responses.
The Trump Administration is committed to reducing violent crime. In 2015, homicides increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. There were thousands of shootings in Chicago last year alone.
This quote is from the White House web site and states several crime statistics. Your assignment is to
- Review these statistics
- Locate the probable data sources of the statistics
- Given the probable data sources, discuss…
- The difficulties of collecting accurate crime data and
- The accuracy of the statistics stated.
Post your response in the comments section of this blog post.
Due Friday, January 27