See you all Monday.
There is no class Wednesday, March 29. Keep working on the lab assignments.
Wednesday, March 29th, at 6pm, in the Athena room in the Library
Dr. Bernadette Barton’s body of work merges activism and scholarship by giving voice to members of marginalized groups. A faculty member at Morehead State University and researcher on gender, sexuality and religion, Barton regularly draws on her scholarly findings to participate in public conversations about current issues. In this talk, Barton illustrates how her research projects on exotic dancers, Bible Belt gays, and raunch culture advance social justice goals.
- Progress reports
- Everyone should be done with Assignments 2-1 & 2-2
- Everyone should be completing Assignments 3-1 & 3-2
- Ready for Chapter 4?
- GIS is best learned through regular practice
- Status check
- Demo reviewing Ch. 3
- Work time
I suspect you have your hands full with finishing assignments 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, and 3-2. I will be back Friday to help.
- Schedule review
- Intro to Ch. 3
- Work time
- Finish Assignments 2.1 & 2.2
- Start Assignments 3.1 & 3.2
- Find time outside of class to practice GIS
- Lab time for GIS Tutorial for Crime Analysis
- Tutorial 2.1
- Tutorial 2.2
- Submit tutorial assignments through Blackboard
- There is an assignment in Blackboard for each tutorial.
- Review the rubric included with each assignment.
- Tell me if Blackboard is not allowing you to access or submit the assignments.
- Learning geospatial technology requires repeated practice
- I suggest keeping a journal or log of GIS skills learned
- Meeting in Ginger 213
- Slides – Introduction to GIS
- Introduction to ArcGIS
- Tutorial 2
- Read chapter prior to class session
- Be prepared to work on lab activities outside of class time in necessary
- Self test